Becoming a Member of the Association
Membership is open to healthcare professionals, scientists and students who are working and or studying in the field of obesity and to others who have a particular professional interest in this area.
Applicants are proposed by a current member and approved by the Association’s Committee of Trustees. In the absence of a proposer’s signature, applicants can submit a CV, for further details contact the ASO office.
- Reduced delegate fees at ASO conferences and training events
- Free attendance at most ASO regional events
- Access to the Members resource area of the ASO website
- ASO newsletters
- Eligibility for ASO awards
- Discounted journal subscriptions:
- Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism
- International Journal of Obesity (IJO)
- International Journal of Paediatric Obesity
- Obesity Reviews
- Affiliation to the International and European Associations for the Study of Obesity (EASO and IASO)
- Reductions on equipment
- Discounted registration fees at congresses organised by EASO and IASO
- Full individual – annual fee £60
- Student individual (undergraduate and postgraduate, those not earning a living wage) – annual fee £30
- Departmental (available to public sector organisations and agencies, not available to academic departments) – annual fee £120. Departmental membership allows up to 3 members of the Department to attend an ASO event at the member rate
Membership is for 12 months from the date of joining and is not transferable.