The ASO aims to develop an understanding of obesity through the pursuit of excellence in research and education, the facilitation of contact between individuals and organisations, and the promotion of action to prevent and treat obesity. Donate to the ASO
• Promote the professional awareness of obesity and its impact on health
• Educate and disseminate recent research on the causes, consequences, treatment, and prevention of obesity
• Provide opinion leadership on obesity in the UK
• Enhance understanding of the prevention and treatment of obesity throughout the UK
• Improve the quality of obesity education throughout the UK
• Forge links between individuals and organisations concerned with the study of obesity throughout the UK
• Support the role of patient and public involvement in obesity research
• Connect active researchers and practitioners from diverse disciplines who contribute to the development of a UK perspective on obesity.
• Provide appropriate input on the UK perspective at a European and international level through EASO and WOF
ASO position on weight bias and stigma
The ASO does not believe there is a place for weight bias and is committed to reducing negative attitudes towards people with overweight or obesity in all settings. Please read the full ASO position paper on weight bias and stigma.
Sponsorship and Collaborative Partnerships with the ASO
Sponsorship or collaborative partnerships with other organisations are important to the ASO. They are of potential benefit to the Association in the following ways:
- Raising the profile of the ASO as a result of association with a prominent partner
- Providing an income stream and resourcing for ASO events and activities.
For further information please read the Guidelines for Sponsorship and Collaborative Partnerships with the ASO.