Does meal timing influence weight loss or metabolic health?: ASO webinar hosted by the Scotland Network.
18:00 - 19:30, 28 January 2021
ASO and the Scotland Network are delighted to be hosting the first ASO webinar of 2021.
An international expert panel will present their latest research around the influence of time-restricted food intake on weight loss and metabolic health. In addition to comparing time restriction with calorie restriction for weight loss, in this webinar evidence will be presented on synchronising eating patterns with the biological clock, the safety of time-restricted feeding and how meal timing impacts on physical activity and energy expenditure. Scientific research will be put into perspective by our representative for people living with obesity who will present a patient perspective on the challenges and opportunities to change meal timing.
Confirmed Speakers and Panellists
- Dr Abd Tahrani (University of Birmingham)
- Dr Anne Martin (University of Glasgow)
- Dr Emma Baldry (Senior Clinical Research Dietitian)
- Prof. Krista Varady (Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, University of Illinois Chicago)
- Prof. Alex Johnstone (The Rowett Institute, University of Aberdeen)
- Dr Leonie Ruddick Collins (Rowett Institute, University of Aberdeen)
- Prof. James Betts (University of Bath)
- Andrew Healing
Novo Nordisk has provided sponsorship to the Association for the Study of Obesity (ASO) to fully fund all costs for the development of this webinar, including creation, organisation, production and administration. Novo Nordisk has had no influence on the content and full editorial control remains the sole responsibility of ASO. None of the speakers have received a fee for their participation in this webinar, and ASO has been fully responsible for engaging with participants.