We are pleased to announce that the ASO is establishing a network of Centres for Obesity Management (Adult COM’s) aimed at strengthening and advancing the evidence base, improving practice and influencing policy for the management of obesity in adults within the UK.
The ASO UK Adult COMs network will include members working within Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4 adult obesity services delivered across a range of NHS and non NHS settings. Each service will be involved in working towards improving the management of adults with obesity.
The ASO plans to establish a UK network for those involved in research and/or providing services for adults with obesity with the aim to:
- Implement state-of-the art evidence-based care for patients with obesity
- Facilitate communication and networking between ASO’s clinical practitioners, researchers, policy-makers and industry with the aim to improve the management of obesity
- Promote multidisciplinary research collaborations and research projects
- Deliver clinical education as part of a multi-disciplinary approach to obesity management in the form of workshops at the UKCO and annual national training courses
- Contribute to consultations, practice guidance and position statements on key UK treatment issues
- Provide evidence-based input of the UK perspective at a European and international level through EASO and WOF
If you are interested in joining then please contact the ASO Office at [email protected] to request an application form. If you are aware of any colleagues who are not ASO members and may be interested in joining this important network please do ask them to get in touch.
To help launch this new exciting network the ASO will host an inaugural meeting for network members together with the first London Regional Group meeting in London on Wednesday December 2nd, 2015. If you are interested in attending please contact the ASO Office so that we can register your details and provide you with further information.